Friday, May 25, 2012

Deactivation

So about a week ago, I deactivated my Facebook. Why? You might ask, well there were several reasons:

1. I felt like I was spending more time "hearing about it on Facebook" than actually spending time with my real friends.

2. I felt like the more I played armchair political pundit, the less I actually spent really helping in my area.

3. As I move into the next phase of my school. internship, I need to focus more on the actual problems of others vs. worrying about the latest "he said/she said" drama on Facebook.

I am torn about the decision to reactivate. I have enjoyed not knowing the intimate details of my friends on Facebook but yet I really miss some of the groups I have been involved in and hearing about what's going on with some of my other friends (who I don't know in real life, shh don't tell Mark Zuckerberg that I am friends with people I don't actually know in real life).

Anyone have any thoughts? Do you have a Facebook at all? What's the longest you've gone without Facebook? I feel like the more I'm away the more likely I am to actually do productive things (like find things I'm doing to blog about, study, etc) and feel more focused on my family and my friends in real life.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment