Sunday, April 8, 2012

Last week- politics, school and an accident, oh my!

So as you know, my hobby right now is school. I am about to start counting down the days because as much as I love school (I really do) I'm finding school and babies don't mix. However, I am extremely blessed to have the help I do in getting me to December.

Jack has been getting more adventurous in moving towards walking. In this picture, what you can't see is he's been using this table almost as a walker and it has just given out. Jack is a funny kid, he's extremely resourceful and he can find ways to do things his way.

Last Saturday, we had a fender bender at McDonalds. We were really lucky no one was injured. I snagged a pic of the damage.

 

Tuesday, we went to our first precinct convention. It was an interesting experience. If you have any political opinion, I advise you to start attending your convention. Here's what I learned:

  1. Each precinct gets a certain number of delegates. For example, ours could elect 39. We had 6 interested people show up. So those 39 votes get distributed among interested parties.
  2. In some precincts, no one shows. Those votes? Essentially erased.
  3. Show up early and you can run the precinct convention.

Overall, it was very educational and I learned lots about the government process. I also finally met Craig Bickley, who is running for county commissioner in Tarrant County. Very nice guy and has a lot of good ideas. He is also strong financially which is pretty much one of the first things I look for in a candidate nowadays.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment